'Peanut Allergy Princess' is the story of one mom, one Princess with food allergies (to peanuts and brazil nuts) and our journey through the stress of life with food allergies. Here you will find many recipes, tips on living (and enjoying life) with food allergies, thoughts from a mother of 3 kids (The Brothers and The Princess) and insights into our life. Welcome!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Years

I can't believe it is the starting of a new year already. The old saying sure is true... time really does fly!

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? I don't think we need to wait for a new year to decide to make changes in our lives... we can do that at any time. It is probably better if we make resolutions more often than just once a year. But anyway... I have 2 things I have been thinking about working on so I guess you can call them new year's resolutions.

First, organize my house. I'm sure this is the same as many people, but it feels so nice to declutter and simplify! Since The Princess is not a baby anymore, we can finally clear out all the baby stuff. Only to make room for princess dolls, princess castles,  princess dress ups and all other princess type toys!

Second, to spend more time with my family and less time on things that aren't as important in the long run. This is a hard one because there are a lot of things that aren't "bad" or even a "waste of time", but that can take us away from the things that are more important. Kids are only little once and it would be a shame to waste away their childhood worrying too much about other stuff. Although, I will still be spending time in the kitchen. In my opinion, spending time cooking healthy, safe foods for my kids is not a waste of time, but a gift to them (a gift of a healthy future).

I wish that your new year will be full of joy and happiness!


Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment